Friday, July 22, 2005

To my beautiful bride of one year...

This Sunday is my first anniversary so I thought I would take some time to write some special notes to the woman of my dreams.

Holly,

What a year it has been! It's hard to believe that it was eight years ago that I first saw you and were struck by your beauty. And now, a year into our marriage, I get to share life with you daily. God has placed such a blessing in my life through you. Your smile penetrates every room you walk into and your love has pierced my heart. I am the luckiest man in the world. And though I can never know what is ahead, I pledge my love again to you a year after making the same vow that I will be faithful to you in whatever circumstances we find each other.

It seems Scripture desribes you better than I can in Proverbs 31:

10"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. 11Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. 12She bring him good, not harm, all the days of her life. 17She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. 20She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. 23Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders. 25She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. 26She speaks wisdom, and faithful instuction is on her tongue. 27She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. 28Her children (will) arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 29'Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.' 30Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. 31Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

What a legacy you will leave and have already left with me. If God gives us kids in the future, they will be blessed to have a mother who loves them like you will. You are the love of my life. You are beautiful, but mostly you are a Godly woman who is loyal to me like few people in my life have been. That is what I find so attractive and lovely about you.

Holly, I look forward to this weekend of celebration, but even more I look forward to every day in our future, however many that may be, that God will bless me with through your love, laughter and joy. I love you Holly!!

No comments: