Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Are there wrinkles on my face that I'm not seeing?

Yesterday was my first taste of being seen as old. It is so fun to be young. When you hit a golf ball 300 yards right down the middle of the fairway as a 12-year old, people seem to notice and think you're the next Tiger Woods. Actually come to think of it, I guess it was Jack Nicklaus at that time. But when you're 21, people don't proclaim you as the next golf champion. Many things are this way.

Yesterday, I was looking at several of my friend's blogs and there was a young girl up at the office who said to me, and I quote, "I didn't know OLD PEOPLE had blogs." I couldn't believe what she said. Am I really considered old?

Then last night, I went skating with Holly at a kids' skating event with the church. As we were skating the Macarena, the theme song of 1993, came on. Holly, Ashley (the other children's intern), and I were excited, but all of the other kids had never heard the song. In fact after thinking about it, they were not even born when the Macarena was in its prime. As I skated, I had a flashback to when I once skated as a young lad. I remembered skating around many old people and wondering why they were so slow and awkward. Well, last night I felt like the old man wondering why these kids were skating so well and so fast around me.

I'm not sure how I feel about all of this. Kind of old I guess. Things move and you get older. My question is when do you stop with the spiked hair and T-shirts. There comes a time when this all must change. Hopefully yesterday was not the first sign that these things must change. We shall see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Collin,
I've been reading your blog. It's really great! It has really encouraged me in my spiritual walk. It sounds like you and Holly are doing really well in Houston, that's good to hear. It will be good to see ya'll when school starts back up...which is soooo soon(i'm pretty excited!). Hope the rest of your internship is as blessed by God's power and grace as the first of it has been! In HIM, Anne Marie