Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Walking in step with the Spirit

It feels so good to have the Spirit work in your life so closely that you hear him speak so clearly. In every preparation for every sermon I have ever preached there has been a moment of uncertainty replaced by several moments, minutes or even hours of guidance from the Holy Spirit. It's one of those moments in which you can't stop writing because incredible thoughts which you are otherwise unable to come up with start to come into your mind.

Last night I sat in bed and had one of those moments. As I decided to speak on the wisdom of the cross in 1 Cor. 1, I had so many thoughts go through my head about what God wants to be said. I don't believe this message to be a direct rebuke of anything at FC, but I do believe it is applicable to so many in our churches today. I thought about going to sleep without writing anything down, but the deluge of insights would not stop to let me go to sleep. So at about 1:00am I got up to write down everything that was given to me. What a blessing it is to have a God who still lives and speak through his people today.

Continue to speak Lord and I will listen!

No comments: