Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Packer Family of 5

On Thursday, April 24th, Holly and I welcomed our third child into the world. 

This time, we decided to wait until the birth to find out the gender. 

AND...

HER name is Brooklyn Kate Packer.
Everyone is doing great. It was a healthy pregnancy and smooth delivery. 

I'm so proud of Holly. Her pain tolerance is about 1,000 times mine. She has handled everything without any complaint. 

I find myself outnumbered. Holly and I are outnumbered. We've moved from man-to-man defense to zone defense. And Maddox and I are outnumbered by the girls. 

As a minister, I've learned not to take these kinds of moments for granted. So many parents have been through so much heartache as they try to start a family. We have been so blessed and we thank God for his special gifts in our lives.

Brooklyn, our hearts have been torn open once again. God has miraculously opened our hearts to feel the same kind of love we have felt for Maddox and Addison.

I can't wait to discover your unique personality, hear the words "I love you daddy" for the first time, and work multiplication tables with you.

But more than anything, I prayerfully await the day when your sweet lips will exclaim, "Jesus is Lord" at your baptism. Your mother and I will do everything we can to see that day become a reality. 

No comments: