Monday, April 08, 2013

#90daysthroughtheBible

On my journey through Scripture, I tweeted my way through it's pages with the hashtag: #90daysthroughtheBible.

Just for fun, here's a compilation of those tweets:


Do you know what gives me hope for my family? Reading about the families in Genesis. Wow!

God tells the Israelites to celebrate the Passover before he ever passes over. This God got game.

God has attention for details. How did Jewish children memorize the entire Torah?

I'm too much of a wimp to be a Levitical Priest. I don't think I could wring a bird's neck & kill animals all day.

If you haven't read the entire Bible, you underestimate how much God talks about bodily discharges.

I'm in that stage of the Bible where I'm tired of him taking land from people & killing them.

"In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit." Does the church know who our king is?

Elisha seems to be great at magic tricks. I am not so good at magic tricks. Elisha 1, Collin 0.

Read Nahum before you read Jonah. Then, you might be a little more understanding of Jonah.

Humans tend to settle for false, flattering descriptions of reality over true, unflattering ones.

It's not always a good thing when you hear, "Then you will know I am the LORD your God."

Job's friends did their best ministry when they sat beside Job in silence. Silence is golden!

After 70 days of reading the Old Testament, I finally read about the one it all points to. It's good news people!

"Jesus preached about the kingdom of heaven from that time on..." Is that the message in your church?

Photobucket

No comments: