Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Winterfest Spiritual Discipline Videos

Over a decade ago, I remember attending my first Winterfest youth rally.

Growing up in San Diego, I was in a youth group of about 10 students. But when we moved to Dallas, my family started attending the Highland Oaks Church of Christ. And there were over a hundred kids that  were a part of my youth group. It was quite a shift.

But my paradigm was blown open the first time I attended Winterfest in Arlington, TX (they also have a larger gathering in Gatlinburg, TN). There were thousands of teens who showed up to listen to speakers and worship their hearts out. It gave me a vision of the kingdom larger than the tiny circles I usually found myself in.

Just this past year, things came full circle as Dudley Chancey, the Director of Winterfest, invited me to film a few videos on the spiritual disciplines that would be sent to youth leaders and teens as they sought to follow God after going home from the conference.

Here are those 3 videos.



Click here to check out the rest of the spiritual discipline videos put together by Winterfest.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Troy Ellison said...

Collin, thanks for these reminders. It's very easy these days to forget basic disciplines.

Diane said...

Good stuff.... thank you Collin.