Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Greatest Feeling

While most of my posts are related to Christianity or some serious subject, Holly reminds me that I need to branch out with the content of my blog. So...

Holly's pregnancy has been a time for experiencing firsts. I remember being amazed by our first sonogram and seeing our miracle for the first time. It's beyond comprehension to think that somehow Holly and I have created a human that's growing inside of her. Hearing the heartbeat for the first time was also incredible.

But for the past few weeks, Holly has been able to feel the baby moving around and I haven't yet. Until last night! It was such an incredible moment to feel our baby move. And it's so reassuring to feel movement after our serious car accident about a week ago. There are many firsts to go. It's definitely an exciting time.

Also, Holly and I found out that we are going to find out if it's a boy or girl on Thursday. The dreams that every parent has for his/her child are beginning to form in my mind. And they will solidify when we find out the gender later this week.

But regardless of the many dreams I have for our child, the number one dream is for the day when our child will confess Jesus Christ as Lord in baptism. And I pray that he/she will live a life aimed at transformation into the image of Jesus Christ. And that prayer is more important than any other prayer I could pray. I want our child to be healthy. I want our child to do so many wonderful things. But all of the dreams I have are worthless if he/she isn't a child of the king. So pray with me! Continue to pray for the health of our child. But most of all, lift up prayers for his or her transformation into the image of Jesus Christ.

That's what being a parent is all about!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

I'm so excited for you guys. It truly is amazing isn't it!!

Anonymous said...

Car accident? I'm glad to hear that you, Holly, and the baby are alright. That's scary stuff.

And let me also say...don't find out if it's a boy or a girl. The excitement and surprise of finding out at birth is well worth it. I know there are disadvantages (painting the room, buying clothes, etc.) but it's well worth it.

Oh, and for the record, my wife would completely disagree with what I just said. I suppose that's why we didn't find out the sex of the baby on only one of our three kids. But trust me when I say that she is completely wrong on this one.